Lake Gunung Tujuh
Lake Gunung Tujuh Trekking – (Lake Mount Tujuh / Mt. Tujuh) is located in the crater of Mt. Tujuh, near the Village Pelompek, Kerinci regency, Jambi province, Indonesia. The lake is the pride for the Kerinci community because Mount Tujuh is the lake at the highest altitude in Southeast Asia and at the same time the second largest lake after Lake Toba, Sumatra.
In addition to a view of the beautiful lake you can also have a view of one of the six mountains around namely:
1. Mount Hulu Tebo with a height of 2.525 meters above sea level;
2. Mount Hulu Sangir with a height of 2.330;
3. Mount Madura Besi with an altitude of 2.418;
4. Mount Selasih with an altitude of 2.230;
5. Mount Jar Panggang with a height of 2.469;
6. Mount Tujuh with the highest peak at 2.732.
Also nearby is the Mount Tujuh waterfall originating from Mt. Tujuh itself. To reach the waterfall you can follow the path which is not far from the checkpoint.
Besides the natural beauty, the clean air and magnificent scenery this area offers some unique flora and fauna including: tigers, bears, warthogs, many kinds of tropical birds and butterflies. The flora includes many types of orchid flowers and tropical pitcher plants or Monkee cups (a carnivorous plant).
Near the lake are a few places to stay for the night which can be booked before you start the climb. In the weekends the lake can be bit crowded by other climbers and researchers, so to fully enjoy the lake better go up on a weekday.
Your Trip into the Wild!! hike through tropical Forest We will show you our beautiful nature in an authentic hike and sightseeing fantastic Caldera through our little paradise! Your trip will get pick up transport service and return at your accomodation. Your guide will check you in. This is where we will start our hike into Gunung Tujuh Lake.
- Wake up in the morning to the beautiful song of the Siamang gibbons
- Spectacular sunrise if get good weather